Peoria Water Softener Systems
Peoria Water Softener Systems
Does your Peoria home have hard water? If so, then it’s likely you could benefit from a Peoria water softener system. A water softener is an appliance that can be installed in your home to provide you with clean drinking water and prevent hard water from causing damage to your plumbing or appliances. There are many different types of Peoria water softener systems available, and it’s important to choose the right one based on your individual needs.
If you need guidance on which water softener system would best fit the needs of your family, then contact H2o Concepts. With more than 20 years in the water softener business, we know how to find the right system that will provide your family with the safe, delicious water you’ve been hoping for. To get started, simply call 623-582-5222 or fill out the contact form on our website.
To learn more about water softener systems, we encourage you to keep reading; we’ve put together this brief guide to each type of system so you can make an informed decision when choosing which one will work best in your home.
What Is a Peoria Water Softener?
A water softener is a device that’s installed on your water supply line. It works by removing minerals from hard water, making it softer. This is important because hard water can damage your plumbing and appliances which makes it difficult to clean your clothes and dishes. A water softener will also make your water safer, improve its taste, and save you money by prolonging the life of your appliances and plumbing.
Types of Peoria Water Softener Systems
Soft water can be the key to healthy and beautiful skin, shiny hair, clean clothes, sparkling dishes, and a healthy body. But do you know which type of water softener system you need? If you have hard water in your home, it’s time to find out about the different types of Peoria water softener systems that are available on the market today. Here’s what you need to know about each option to make sure you get the right one for your home.
Salt-Based Water Softeners
A salt-based water softener is the most common type of water softener. It works by exchanging the calcium and magnesium ions in hard water for sodium ions. This process is called ion exchange. The sodium ions are then flushed out of the system, leaving soft water behind.
Pros of Salt-Based Water Softeners
The benefits of a salt-based water softener are:
- They’re effective at removing hard water minerals from your water supply
- They’re the most common type of water softener which makes them easy to find and purchase.
- Salt-based water softeners typically last for 10 to 12 years before they need to be replaced.
Cons of Salt-Based Water Softeners
Though they are the most common type of water softener, salt-based water softeners have a few potential drawbacks.
- Because they use salt to remove minerals from hard water, they can actually add sodium to your water. This can be a problem for people on low-sodium diets or with high blood pressure.
- In addition, salt-based water softeners need to be regularly maintained, and the brine tank can take up a lot of space in your home.
- Salt-based softeners also require electricity to run, which can increase your utility bill.
Reverse Osmosis Systems
A reverse osmosis system is a type of water softener that uses a semi-permeable membrane to remove ions, molecules, and larger particles from your water. The system forces water through the membrane, leaving impurities behind. This process can remove up to 99% of dissolved minerals from your water, making it a good choice for those with hard water.
Pros of Reverse Osmosis Systems
Here are some of the benefits that come with using a reverse osmosis system:
- They take up less space than other types of water softeners
- They are very efficient at removing impurities
- They can last for many years with proper care
Cons of Reverse Osmosis Systems
The disadvantages of reverse osmosis systems include:
- They’re expensive to install and require a lot of maintenance.
- They can’t remove all types of contaminants.
- They can be slow and impede the flow of water.
Whole House Water Filters
A whole house water filter is a system that is installed on your main water line coming into your home. It filters out impurities in the water before it ever reaches your faucets, pipes, or appliances. This type of system is very effective at removing sediment, chlorine, and other contaminants from your water.
Pros of Whole House Water Filters
Whole house water filters offer a wide range of benefits, including:
- A whole-house water filter will protect your entire home from hard water and improve the taste of your tap water.
- These systems are typically very easy to install and maintain
- Whole-house water filters can save you money on soap, detergent, and other cleaning products.
- Using filtered water throughout your home can also extend the life of your appliances.
Cons of Whole House Water Filters
While whole house water filters are a great option, there are a few downsides such as:
- Though they save you money in the long run, the initial purchase can be expensive.
Contact Us for Peoria Water Softener Systems
Peoria water softener systems are an easy way to take the hard out of your water, and they’re a great alternative to paying for expensive bottled water all the time. If you’re ready to find the best water softener system for your home, contact H2o Concepts today; you can reach us by calling 623-582-5222.